We’re so excited you’re willing to take this adventure with us! 2020 has been quite the year so far — and we won’t let the chaos and the challenges keep us from celebrating Recovery Month the way it deserves.
This year’s theme is “Celebrating Connections” and if anything can show us just how important connections are, it’s the social and physical distancing we’ve all had to practice over the last 6 months to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
We created the Discover Recovery Scavenger Hunt so we can have fun together in a COVID-friendly way that lets us connect through a shared activity. You can participate on your own, with friends and family, however works best for you.
We have a Discover Recovery facebook group for you to share comments and photos of your completed tasks. Let’s cheer each other on!
Here’s how it works:
Complete tasks of your choosing on the scavenger hunt task list. Your goal, should you choose to accept it, is to reach 65 points.
Show us five of your completed tasks by sending photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name and mailing address, and we’ll send you a sweet piece of WRA recovery swag as a prize.
You can get a bonus point if you also share your five victories in the Discover Recovery Scavenger Hunt facebook group.
Let’s celebrate and discover new things about recovery together!
Extra challenge: If you get to 85 points on this scavenger hunt and send us photos of SEVEN of your completed tasks, we’ll send you a little bonus WRA gift 🙂
*Please note: when you share your completed task photos, you’re giving us permission to use them in future communications and social media posts about the scavenger hunt!
Don’t have access to email? You can request a paper version of the scavenger hunt by emailing email@example.com or calling (253) 363 -9336. When you’ve reached 65 points, write to us via snail mail describing five of your completed tasks, and include your name, mailing address, and phone number.
Are you ready? We are!
Scavenger Hunt Resources:
Featured Events from our Partners:
- King County Behavioral Health & Recovery Division (BHRD) Rising Above It All: Wellness, Resilience & Recovery (month-long activity calendar) and Poster & Poetry Contest (Deadline Sept. 18)
- NAMIWalks Washington: 5k Your Way (Sept. 12)
- POWERSource.club: POWERup Recovery 2020 (Sept. 12)
- Behavioral Health Institute: Re-Imagining Behavioral Health in the 21st Century: Race, Equity, and Social Justice(Sept. 21 & 22)
- Recovery Cafe: Speak Out For Recovery (Sept. 30)
- Co-Occurring Disorders and Treatment Conference Washington State (Oct. 5-6)